The conventional medical model lists hundreds of diseases and thousands of remedies for treating these diseases or their symptoms. More than 40 percent of Americans take at least one prescription drug and one-in-six takes at least three. There are currently over 600 approved cancer drugs. In no time at all, this palliative approach will have you taking a pill for cholesterol, a beta blocker for the heart, calcium for your bones, and so forth. In most cases these remedies are prescribed for alleviating or controlling the symptom(s), as in the case with blood pressure medication or insulin for diabetes. Meanwhile, the initial causes of the disease are rarely addressed. Often, practitioners of the alternative medicine model will do the same. They prescribe enzymes for poor digestion, antioxidants for low immunity, etc. I call this approach of treating the symptom, “fighting the battle and losing the war.” What then is this war that we must win?
ONE DISEASE, CELLULAR DISEASE
In a “purist” holistic health perspective, disease (non-health) is demystified. Let’s be realistic. Disease and its symptoms reside first at the cellular level. Let’s even be scientific. We are made up of hundreds of trillions of living intelligent cells which in turn make up our organs, bones, tissues, blood and brain. In this model, unhealthy cells lead to unhealthy organs, unhealthy organs lead to deficient metabolic activities, and this in turn leads to symptoms, which we name disease. It is safe to say that once you are diagnosed with a disease, the problem is usually systemic and bigger than just the symptoms. Usually, the causes that lead to disease are manifested in every cell of your body for some time before symptoms arise. We don’t catch diseases, we make them. In the holistic view, disease occurs at the cellular level.
Let me describe cellular disease in four points:
1) Once symptoms begin to manifest, most cells may be toxic and deficient in nutrients and energy. They are likely less efficient in conducting their myriad of metabolic activities including repair, detoxification, growth, and regeneration.
2) At the next level, due to cellular inefficiencies, the organs are now less efficient in conducting their own metabolic role(s). For example, with hypoglycemia, the pancreas is sluggish in regulating the blood sugar with insulin.
3) Realize now that the brain organs: hypothalamus, pituitary (master) gland, and the pineal gland, collectively known as the governing level responsible for overseeing all metabolism, are also affected by this cellular disease. They are rendered less efficient in controlling critically important metabolisms like that of blood sugar, pH (acidity/alkalinity), and even each beat of the heart.
4) Aggravating the problem, after years and often decades of metabolic inefficiencies (improper pH, blood sugar, temperature, fats, etc.), the cells, the organs, and the endocrine glands have become misprogrammed to tolerate these negative behaviors. The body now thinks it is in a “healthy” state of health. For example, when the hypothalamus becomes lazy in regulating the misbehaving pancreas, we have a chronic condition known as diabetes.
At this stage, metabolism is dysfunctional or operates poorly. Problems occur with the Krebs/ATP cycle, assimilation, absorption, elimination, protein synthesis, and the osmosis of oxygen and water (hypoxia and dehydration). There is chronic acidity and resulting acidosis. Not only do you have incorrect pH levels, but inefficient flushing of cellular debris causes you to accumulate acid ash inside and between your cells. These conditions lead to infestations of bacteria and parasites (fungus, yeast and Candida), to “bad” fats (high cholesterol) and lack of viscosity, and to the crystallization of fats and other unassimilated debris into plaque and arthritis. Your food / nutrient digestion and elimination have become deficient and you have lost your healing energy. The problem is now a vicious cycle.
ONE HEALTH, CELLULAR HEALTH
How do you restore cellular health? The holistic approach to cellular health is to first realize that the doctor is the body itself. Each cell is geared to self heal. The doctor is within, not without. After all, this body built itself from one tiny cell and managed quite well without an “external doctor” for decades, defending itself from millions of viral attacks, free radical damage, and constant pollution from food and the air. Holistic health is gained at the cellular level. This view is supportive of “the doctor within,” rather then employing an intervener. I call this approach “winning the war, not just the battle.”
Let me describe how to regain cellular health in five points:
1) First, do no harm: Begin by limiting the causes of cellular toxicity and burden. These include abuse of food, protein and sugar, dead, toxic and depleted food and beverages, and pollutants and toxins of all kinds including mental and emotional negativity. All substances including food, light, and even people, carry energy that can raise or lower your own energy level. Choose wisely; ask yourself before you eat or drink “Is this conducive to health or disease?”
2) Nourish your cells: Eat a high energy diet of fresh organic colorful fruits and vegetables with little meat and fish. Look for the “energy” in foods which we derive from natural minerals, trace elements, carbohydrates and chlorophyll contained in fresh and organic fruits and vegetables.
3) Increase cellular efficiency: Beyond avoiding harm and eating good foods, other factors are critical to health. Cellular oxygenation and detoxification can be vastly increased and achieved with movement and aeration. Let me suggest a few means to achieve movement and aeration:
a. Fasting is as important as eating. I call it “getting out of the way.” Fasting has been used as an element of health since the beginning of time. When a cat is sick, it stops eating until it gets better. During the fasting phase of the night, our liver is given a chance to perform a myriad of biochemical processes. Give yourself a chance by introducing safe and short fasts in your life daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
b. We humans must exercise in order for our cell to not rust. The value of exercise has been proven. Enough has been said, so just do it. Move your body, arouse your lymphatic systems and increase your pulse and your temperature moderately. This kills viruses, removes toxins, and balances fats in each cell of your body. Shake every cell in your body with daily exercise like walking, running, qi-gong, yoga, etc.
c. In natural medicine, we say that 50% of toxicity is caused by our emotions and our state of mind. Maintain your spiritual and emotional balance with exercises, yoga, qi-gong, tai chi, prayer, etc.
4) Reprogram the governing organs: With degenerative and chronic conditions, the dietary and lifestyle changes recommended above may not be sufficient to reprogram the governing organs of the brain. To regain the health of your brain organs, you must do more daily. I propose a diet rich in nutrients that are known to be deficient in the brain as well as foods rich in minerals and trace elements, green, blue and red pigments and carotenoids, chlorophylls, fatty acids omega 3, 6, 9, and gamma and alpha lipoic acids, which are “the good fats that heal.” You should also exercise more and engage in energy balancing activities.
5) Introduce Bio-Algae Concentrates (BAC) into your life: At this point, I suggest a shortcut to brain health. As an additional aid in restoring cellular health and as a magnificent brain food, I recommend BAC. It is an extremely efficient food and the best food complement on earth because it is a blend of microalgae with extraordinary nutritional values.